Short Term Rehabilitation
Sub-Acute Care / Post-Acute Care
The first and still the leader.
In the mid-1980s, the Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation pioneered short term rehabilitation for older adults. Today, the Institute's unique restorative therapy programs reflect the new lifestyle desired by seniors. We promote independence and rapid return to home after rehabilitation from a broad range of surgical procedures, stroke, amputation, injuries and illness.
Patients receive state-of-the-art rehabilitation, individualized treatment plans, and, if required, clinically complex care, in an environment distinguished by:
- Physicians and Registered Nurses on-duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy that help optimize recovery
- Specialized treatments to deal with tracheotomies, I.V. therapy, chemotherapy, recovery from head and neck surgery, and wound care management
- An on-site Medical Diagnostic Pavilion, including dentistry, ophthalmology, ear-nose-throat, radiology, orthopedics, podiatry and audiology
- The on-site, professionally staffed Parker Pharmacy
- Psychiatric and psychological services
- Breath for Life pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Highly trained, licensed Social Workers
- A Concierge Program that eases the transition from hospital or home
- Therapeutic recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation
- Full-service beauty salon and barber services
- Excellent dining and nutrition services, including restaurant-style buffet dining
- Evening snacks and happy hours
- Multi-denominational chapel for weekly religious services and festivals
- A meditation suite
- A cozy family lounge and outdoor patios
- A unique "24-hour Hotline" to senior management, to answer questions or concerns of patients/residents and family members
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, private pay and many insurance plans are accepted.
For further information and admissions, call 718-289-2163 or 718-289-2164.