Awareness Month Archive
For Your Better Health - July 2022
UV rays can bounce off surfaces leading to an increase in UV exposure. It's important to take the necessary precautions.
Here are some facts/tips to protect yourself from the Summer sun:
- UV rays are strongest in the middle of the day, between 10 am and 4 pm. Avoid exposure during those hours.
- Wear sunscreen (SPF 30 and up). Reapply every two hours if you plan on being outside all day.
- Consider wearing sunglasses with UVA absorption to protect your eyes.
- Shadow rule: if your shadow is shorter than you, the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
- Wear a wide hat to block the sun from your face and eyes!