Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands
Click to Visit Parker at Your Door Patient Portal Site
Specially-trained to provide Compassion and Care in a beautiful new environment
Parker Jewish Institute’s Palliative Care Unit can provide relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. Our goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Care is provided by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together to provide an extra layer of support. Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurance plans are accepted. Advisors are available to answer your questions about insurance.
- Quality of Life, the way you envision it
- Complementary care services
- Social work services
- Bereavement counseling
- Hospice trained volunteers
- 24-hour on-call services
Our team of medical professionals can provide personalized palliative care for you if you suffer from pain, stress or other symptoms due to a serious illness. Serious illnesses may include cancer, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, Alzheimer’s, HIV/AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS), multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and more. Palliative care can be provided at any stage of illness and along with treatment meant to cure you. Every patient receives access to the following Palliative Care Services:
- Physician services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Pastoral care services
- Home health aides
- Short-term inpatient/respite care
- Medical equipment and supplies
Opportunities to Participate in Clinical Research Study
While Alzheimer’s disease can be devastating to patients, families, and their caregivers, clinical trials are looking at new ways to fight this disease and are great opportunities to participate and make a difference.
Hope Through Research
The Rethink-ALZ trial is now open to qualifying participants. The trials last for 52 weeks. If you enroll into this trial, you will receive either the oral study drug or placebo twice a day. A placebo looks like the study drug but has no impact on the person taking it. There is no cost to the patient to participate in the Rethink-ALZ trial or for any of the study-related procedures. No hospitalization is required. If you or a loved one are interested in participating in one of these studies, the following criteria must be met:
- Be ages 50 to 87 years old.
- Be diagnosed with, or have a suspected clinical diagnosis of, Alzheimer’s disease.
- Have a gradual change in memory for six months or more.
- Have a family member or loved one who can be available as a study partner during the entire study.
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have had a previous COVID-19 infection.
Other criteria will apply.
Paving a Better Future
Agitation associated with Alzheimer’s dementia can be difficult to manage and can be very challenging for patients and their loved ones. The ASPECTTM clinical research study is evaluating an investigational drug for agitation associated with Alzheimer’s dementia and participants are needed. Participants will not have to pay for the study drug (the investigational drug or placebo), study supplies, study visits, or study tests. Health insurance is not required. To be eligible, participants must:
- Be between the ages of 50 and 90.
- Have a diagnosis of probable Alzheimer’s dementia.
- Have moderate-to-severe agitation that interferes with their daily life.
- Have a reliable caregiver who is able to comply with all study procedures
.Other criteria will apply.
For more information or to enroll in a Clinical Trial, please call us at 718-289-2103 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org