Long-Term Care / Nursing Facility
Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands
Click to Visit Parker at Your Door Patient Portal Site
Long-Term Care / Nursing Facility
Parker’s nursing facility emphasizes the importance of a warm, caring environment and quality of life. Experienced long term care professionals develop individualized care plans for each resident, and highly trained interdisciplinary teams regularly review progress and resident satisfaction.
Residents at Parker receive the personal care and assistance they need, and the range of activities and stimulation they desire. Long term care at Parker is distinguished by:
- Physicians on-duty 18-Hours-A-Day, 7-Days-A-Week.
- Registered Nurses on-duty 24-Hours-A-Day, 7-Days-A-Week
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy that help optimize recovery.
- Specialized treatments to deal with tracheotomies, intra-venous therapy, chemotherapy, recovery from head and neck surgery, and wound care management.
- An on-site Medical Diagnostic Pavilion, including dentistry, ophthalmology, ear-nose-throat, radiology, orthopedics, podiatry and audiology.
- Pharmacy services available around-the-clock.
- Psychiatric and psychological services.
- Breath for Life pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Highly trained, licensed Social Workers.
- Therapeutic recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation.
- Full-service beauty salon and barber services.
- Excellent dining and nutrition services, including restaurant-style buffet dining.
- Evening snacks and happy hours.
- Multi-denominational chapel for weekly religious services and festivals.
- A meditation suite.
- A cozy family lounge and outdoor patios.
A unique “24-Hour-Hotline” to senior management, to answer questions or concerns of patients, residents and family members.
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, private pay and many insurance plans are accepted.
For further information call 718-289-2100 or 516-247-6500.
Opportunities to Participate in Clinical Research Study
While Alzheimer’s disease can be devastating to patients, families, and their caregivers, clinical trials are looking at new ways to fight this disease and are great opportunities to participate and make a difference.
Hope Through Research
The Rethink-ALZ trial is now open to qualifying participants. The trials last for 52 weeks. If you enroll into this trial, you will receive either the oral study drug or placebo twice a day. A placebo looks like the study drug but has no impact on the person taking it. There is no cost to the patient to participate in the Rethink-ALZ trial or for any of the study-related procedures. No hospitalization is required. If you or a loved one are interested in participating in one of these studies, the following criteria must be met:
- Be ages 50 to 87 years old.
- Be diagnosed with, or have a suspected clinical diagnosis of, Alzheimer’s disease.
- Have a gradual change in memory for six months or more.
- Have a family member or loved one who can be available as a study partner during the entire study.
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have had a previous COVID-19 infection.
Other criteria will apply.
Paving a Better Future
Agitation associated with Alzheimer’s dementia can be difficult to manage and can be very challenging for patients and their loved ones. The ASPECTTM clinical research study is evaluating an investigational drug for agitation associated with Alzheimer’s dementia and participants are needed. Participants will not have to pay for the study drug (the investigational drug or placebo), study supplies, study visits, or study tests. Health insurance is not required. To be eligible, participants must:
- Be between the ages of 50 and 90.
- Have a diagnosis of probable Alzheimer’s dementia.
- Have moderate-to-severe agitation that interferes with their daily life.
- Have a reliable caregiver who is able to comply with all study procedures
.Other criteria will apply.
For more information or to enroll in a Clinical Trial, please call us at 718-289-2103 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org